Friday, September 6, 2013

Ript Apparel, Fash Forward Boutique, Beautylish and Em Cosmetics HAUL!

I've been busy lately!!! Spending WAAAYYY too much money. HAHAHA. Ow well. As long as bills get paid, food is in our bellies and something is saved, I can get some pretties for myself every once in a while...or week...daily. 

Moving on...

Here is the YouTube video for the haul:



Here is the DL on everything I bought:

Ript Apparel

I LOVE Ript Apparel! They're a local company to me (so I get my shirts FAST ;P) and they do a different artistic/nerdy shirt every 24 hours. The design of the day is printed on multiple items. Their Tees are $10, hoodies are $38, toddler sizes are $12, 18x24 posters are $20, 24x32 posters are $40, 4 coasters are $25, iphone cases (4,4s and 5) are $18.

As of late, they have been having a double design on certain days. The deal is if you buy each design on a Tee, you save $1. Just me, but I don't see a huge deal in a dollar. But maybe someone might. 

I love Star Wars and enjoy the older Disney movies. I don't really like what Disney has become as of late. Miley Cyrus anyone? And why should a middle schoolers be concerned about dating boys? No bueno, Disney. Stick to Pixar, animated full length features, and leave the crappy TV shows to someone else. 

I'm scared to see what will become of the Star Wars legacy with Disney involved. But I'm trying to remain optimistic. Much like I am Ben Affleck being Batman in the next Superman movie... *sigh* I'd better move on before I hop on the soap box...

Fash Forward Boutique

I don't like to buy anything clothes related off the internet (except tees--can't really go TOO wrong with tees) because I'm afraid of the sizing being off, or the colors being wrong. However, Mama Laughlin and Skinny Meg have REALLY good taste in clothing when shopping online, and they've had nothing but awesome things to say about Kiki La'Rue and Fash Forward Boutique. Well one day I saw this shirt on Kiki La'Rue's instagram and I INSTANTLY fell in love with this shirt. But I couldn't afford it at the time. When I was finally able to afford it, my size was no longer in stock. While I'm confident about losing weight, I didn't want to buy a small JUST yet. Well a few weeks ago, I saw that Fash Forward Boutique had THE shirt! I went to their page and there it was! In my size and everything. SOLD! I've noticed that Kiki La'Rue and Fash Forward have a lot of the same items. Some items are different though. 

The shirt and shipping all together was $32.55. Pretty decent for a cute shirt like this! It also arrived pretty quickly. I am a satisfied customer, and will DEFINITELY be returning for more! Go check them out, and be sure to tell them I sent you! 

Beautylish

One of the YouTube gurus I subscribe to recommended that you create a Beautylish account as it's a great community of people who are professionals, beginners, inbetween-ers all coming together to enjoy all things beauty! Here is where you can find my Beautylish profile. There's not much on there, but I haven't had a chance to fully explore. 

They also have their own boutique where they sell makeup. They sell name brands, too. As well as some brands I've never heard of. So when you join, you get a $10 credit towards anything in their boutique! FREE MONEY!!! 

So I picked an Inglot eyeshadow, and a pretty red bow ring/palette. The ring was $10 (FA-REE!) and the eyeshadow was $6. Shipping was only $5---FOR 2ND DAY AIR FEDEX!!! WOW! I will definately be buying for the Beautylish boutique again. I'll also probably play on Beautylish for the entirety of the road trip I'll be taking next weekend. I can fill my profile with everything I like!

Swatch of the Inglot eyeshadow:






Em Cosmetics

When I first got into makeup, I started to watch a lot of YouTube. I was never into YouTube before then, but I sure as hell am now! One of the first people I subscribed to was Michelle Phan. She most certainly has come a long way. I'll admit I enjoy a lot of her older videos more than her newer ones. Seems like she's so super busy now with all of these companies that she started, etc. One of her endeavors was her own cosmetics line called "em cosmetics". This just recently launched, and their first deal was "Get started with em", which consisted of a lipstick, an eyeliner and a deluxe sample of one of the Life palettes for $27.50.

Normally the eyeliner is $20 and the lipstick is $16.50. They're not selling deluxe samples, but it shows that it would have been $7, according to my order history on their website.  So as you can see, it was a GREAT deal! I have to say though, I'm disappointing in the color of the lipstick. While is BOLD and gorgeous--It's just NOT for me. What I wanted, is what was on the website. Noooooot what I got. 

Image from emcosmetics.com
Don't Tell Mom color shown on website


Please excuse the horrid lip job. I didn't use liner. And I had chapstick on.
#beauty faux paux

I've used the eyeliner a few times and I really like it. Makes my eyes POP. As far as the deluxe sample of the palette goes, I haven't had a chance to play with it too much. But my first impression? Meh. It's ok. The taupe brown and blue are pigmented well, but the purple is kind of chalky and the lip color is more of a balm/gloss. Maybe it's supposed to be that way? But I'll do a look with it and see how I feel about it then. I'd probably want to try a few more products before I say anything about value. As it stands, I'm not sure that the retail pricing is really worth it. $20 for an eyeliner? I like it and all, but I don't think it's a $20 eyeliner. $12 maybe, but not $20. 

I totally sound like a negative Nancy right now, too! HAHAHA! Not trying to be. Just being honest. I would want people to be honest with me if I had a brand I was selling. How else can you improve, right? I'm not saying it's HORRID either. Just--Meh. 

Here are some swatches I did of the products I purchased:


R: Inglot shadow L: Turquoise liner

Deluxe Sample: Love Life R toL
Pupplies and Kitties, Springtime, Teal Rain, Melon

Top L to R: Don't Tell Mom Lip color, puppies and kitties, springtime, melon
Bottom L to R: Inglot shadow, turquoise liner, teal rain



I hope this information is helpful!

Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment