Friday, August 23, 2013

As summer is drawing to a close...

It's been a long and interesting summer.

It almost seemed too short. It's time to get back to the ol' grind.

So here's a little of what's been going on:

Over the summer, I've acquired a lot of new beauty products. Some I love. Some not so much. I plan on "raving" and "ranting" about my favorites and the absolute horrible ones. I'm also thinking of doing a collective summer haul video.

My "recording studio" (not even close) is under construction. I'm working on better lighting and getting a desk and chair. Because sitting on the floor is uncomfortable. Trisha Paytas--I don't know HOW you do it. Hahaha. I've also been looking into a better camera, or better apps and a tri-pod to better utilize my iPhone 5. Work. In. Progress.

I've been getting into nail art as well. I purchased a SensatioNail gel starter kit, and haven't gone back to regular polish since. I'll mostly use the polishes I have for my toes, or nail art designs over the gel. Pretty versatile. I'm also learning to make acrylic 3D nail art.

I'm working on some designs for the blog. I have a friend who does web design and I'll be getting with them on how to implement some changes I want to make here.

While I fell off the fitness bandwagon, I'm still maintaining a weight of 174-176, depending on the day. Now that K is gone, I'll be hitting the gym after work to get back on track. I also got a bike! I nice folder bike. I'll have more details about that later.

I cut my hair shorter.

We got a kitten! She's a little devil. Her name is Michonne.

I've also been playing my XBox a lot more. I've REALLY been into Halo. Master Chief is awesome. He also happens to be the morning radio DJ on the station I listen to. Amazing, right!? MASTER CHIEF IN THE MORNINGS. Seriously though, his name is Steve Downes--for those who DON'T know about Halo. I'm admittedly, not very good at FPS type games, however, I've been getting better day by day. I've been practicing with COD Black OPS bots, and am about to graduate to Battlefield 3 online. Yikes. I'm scuurrred!

The hubs and I pre-ordered the XBox One. I can't wait to go get it! They're supposed to have a huge release party, give out all kinds of SWAG, etc. The features they're offering for the XBox One just fit our lifestyle. I'm looking forward to have everything accessible through ONE box!

I have to say I'm pretty impressed with what Microsoft is doing these days. The hubs purchased the Nokia Lumia 920 and it's pretty nice. Sturdy phone, smooth OS. I have a couple of complaints about it, but I have complaints about my iPhone too and it's still not nearly as many as I do for Android phones. Windows 8 is nice too. I like the interface, and how you can use the phone like OS or switch the a "normal" desktop version for those not familiar with how the new interface works. Again, I'll a more detailed review type post for stuff like this later on.

Here are some pictures of happenings from this summer:

What a sucker. He did NOT want a new cat. But he named her and does this...
The girls at the 1st Division Museum @ Cantigny Park
Climbin' on tanks. Kids love this shit!
"Fire!" - K
K finally got her ears pierced!
I got a shitty haircut!
Gabey and Michonne SOMETIMES get along. But they're not trying to kill each other, so we're cool.

K is excited to go to Santa's Village!

J got more than she bargained for.

What a silly head. 
What you can't see is our fat asses squeezed into a tiny ride...
                              

Pony ride!
                               

More ponies!

J exploring at Santa's Village
I got my hair fixed and a LOT shorter!
K's last day. I miss her terribly...
                                               

So that was my summer! I'm also taking requests for videos! Do you want to see a makeup tutorial, recreation, a nail design for a special occasion??? Email me and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment