Sunday, September 8, 2013

Review - Gelish VitaGel in Recovery

If you haven't seen my video review on this {which you should if you've subscribed to my YouTube channel *hint hint* *nudge nudge*} check it out here: (Demo video is listed below)





I originally saw a video on the "Strength" version of the VitaGel on JapanNailsandMore's YouTube channel. I was a bit hesitant at first, as I don't have good luck with nails strengtheners. But then I saw that Gelish came out with a Recovery formula specially designed for weak nails, I decided to give it a shot.

As mentioned in my video, a lot of people on Amazon said that the product would just peel off their nails in complete chunks. Or something along those lines. I can assure you that has NOT been the case with me. I've had SOME lifting, but that is from my nails impacting objects. I'm not used to having my nails this long, and it DOES take some getting used to. But my nails have been noticeably stronger, and this is a purchase I give 2 thumbs WAY up!

The deets on VitaGel in Recovery:

I purchased this off Amazon from Salon Supply Store. You can also find them on Ebay. I purchased it for $14.64 for a .5 fl oz (15ml) bottle. For a .3 fl oz (9ml) from Sally Beauty Suppy (the only place I can seem to find Gelish polish locally) was $20.95!!! Right now it's on sale for $15.95--and that's still outrageous to me!!! Salon Supply Store was priced great and shipped fast. I had my package in 3 business days. I also ordered a Gelish color in "A Girl's Gotta Glow" ($12.95 for a .5 fl oz bottle) and some Gelish foundation ($13.95 for a .5 fl oz bottle).

The strengthener is loaded with vitamins E, A and B5 and is specially designed to continuously release them throughout the 14 days of wear. Or in my case, longer--since I seem to have THE hardest time getting soak offs OFF! I wish I was kidding, but for some reason (doesn't matter the brand) I can't soak off the gel polish. I use 100% pure acetone and do the foil method with heat for 30-40 mins and it only takes the top layer off. The layer below is super sticky, but won't budge. So I've ended up filing it off my nails the last 2 times. I'm still trying some different techniques, and I'll also purchase a different acetone brand too. Right now, I'm using the Up and Up Target brand. So maybe that's the REAL issue. 

All in all, I recommend this product for those of us with weak nails who are looking for a longer solution nail strengthener that REALLY works.

Here is a demonstration on how to use the Recovery Vitagel:



As far as the file I used in the video, I still don't know the grit. Everything I've seen has a special name. "Cushion" or "Buffer" file. Unfortunately, the kit didn't specify a grit, or anything like that. Boo-urns.

I hope this information is helpful for you!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment