Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Personal Victory



button

Check out Skinny Meg's Blog! 

This weight-loss journey has been a long and bumpy road. But I'm seeing and feeling results. It drives me and keeps me going

Last year, I had made a goal to ride a bike to work. I failed miserably. When I rode from my in-laws to my condo, I was miserable. It was less than a mile and I was wiped. I gave up on trying to ride to work and just started riding around the neighborhood. That didn't last long either. I quickly became discouraged about not being able to ride to work and gave up after a few tries.

Since I've been doing some spinning at work, and consistently working out I decided I'd give it another try. So I went to Target and got some some new workout capris (haul coming via video!) a new water bottle and got together with my bestie. My husband purchased a Dahon folding bike a few weeks ago and threw out his piece of crap bike and the bestie went out and bought himself a new bike too.

So I hopped on the husband's Dahon and the bestie and I headed to my work. And to my surprise, it wasn't completely exhausting. I actually thoroughly enjoyed it. I had expected to get to work and have to take a long break before heading back, or possibly needing the husband to come and pick me up. But when I got there, I was greeted with this breathtaking view:

Pond behind my work

I could have turned right around and headed home, but I decided to stick around and enjoy the view. We managed to watch 5 deer cross the pond as well as a few beavers swimming in the water and some fish jumping out of the water. It was a nice break from the hustle of life. After a few minuets, we hoped back on the bikes and headed home. I wasn't sore or tired. I felt great! I didn't really feel anything until the next day.


Bike Beasts

I have some crap-tacular shoes, to say the least. And a bum ankle to go right along with it. So combine the two after a nearly 8 mile bike ride and an entire afternoon at Brookfield Zoo on my feet nearly the whole time make for a very sore me. I was hobbling by the end of the day. Not. Fun. The trip to the zoo was frustrating on top of that. I don't understand why in the world a-holes with $2,000+ cameras go to the zoo to take a million photos and block any decent view for all the kids that are they to see the animals. I seriously had to restrain myself from going off people. Plus not to mention all the rude people pushing to get closer and they manage to shove right past you. You try to be polite and let people pass, and all they do is walk all over you. I was glad to leave. Maybe next time we'll go during a crappy weekday so I don't have to deal with all the jerk-asses.
The booger

Moving on!

I did ride the bike home tonight. I have to say, I'm slowing becoming obsessed with biking. I'd love to get up and ride to work, but alas, the husband is off work tomorrow and plans on riding most of the day. Ow well. I get my hour lunch back and can hit the gym and spin for a little bit.

On a more makeup related note: I showed extreme restraint tonight going to the store. I have recently fallen in love with Nude lipsticks and almost walked out the door with 3 more lipsticks. And I just purchased 2 over the weekend. >.< I have a problem. Hahaha. But I put them back and picked up what I ACTUALLY went to the store for. Pull-ups. Glamorous, no?


Cute booger
There is also an April Ipsy bag review coming soon. I may pair that with my Target haul--or I may do that separate  I haven't decided yet. I'm just building up the courage to get in from of the camera and say something. I'd like to do more videos. Maybe do some tutorials someday. One thing at a time. I'll start with hauls and reviews. I also plan on doing an "opening" of my ipsy bags, and maybe even a look using the products. Just some ideas I've been tossing around.

Anyone doing any challenges this month? I've been doing the 30 day squat challenge and so far so good. My legs feel SUPER tight all the time, but definitely not painful anymore. It's got me excited to do more strength training. I think next month I want to try something for my arms. Since I have almost NO upper body strength.

Well I'm running out of gas and drifting to sleep as I sit here trying to type this, complete billing all while listening to my bestie play some Minecraft. I'm jealous. 



1 comment: