Monday, August 20, 2012

Make Up Monday!- I'm back!


After a 2 week hiatus, I'm back! 

I meant to be back next week, but I've taken a job opportunity at work, and I've had to devote some of my free time to training and what not. 

I've purchased quite a few make-up products over the last few weeks, including my birthday haul and the August Glam Bag! This will probably end up being a 2 post-er. I'm also going to limit my Terrible 2 Tuesdays as I'm really running out of material for that hahaha. Especially with my 7 year old with her father for the school year. And Weigh-In Wednesdays will resume next month. The reason being, I fell off the bandwagon something FIERCE. I'm going to try and hop back on ASAP, but to lessen the pressure I won't be doing those posts until next month when I start my new schedule. Yeah--remember how I said I hate the 10-7 shift at my job? Well I'll now be working it permanently. It sounds crazy, but I was offered a pay raise and given some managerial responsibilities, so I figured it was a good opportunity to move on up. And besides--I won't be on 10-7 forever. It's a means and a sacrifice to a better position in the company.

Anyways!

On to makeup!

So I'm going to do my birthday haul for this post. I had a blast just going to the mall for my birthday and spending a little bit of money on myself. And even get a freebie!
My Berfday Haul!


So this is the Sugar Kisses Mini Lip Duo. I. Love. These!!!!!! It's like applying silk to your lips. I carry the regular one in my purse everywhere I go. I'll use the Rose tinted one if I want to put a little color in my lips and am just not feeling gloss of lipstick. Now I don't know if I'll spend $22.50 for a regular sized product. I love these--but not THAT much.



I la-la-loooooove the matte look for nail polish. I just don't really like the idea of having to buy all of my favorite colors in matte. So I splurged on this matte top coat. It works really well too. I haven't done a whole lot with it yet, however! I just purchased a medium brown cream Essie polish that I have plans for with this top coat. I haven't had a problem with chipping or anything either. I also do my nails all the way (base coat, color, top coat) then put the matte on top. Maybe that helps prevent chipping. Either way, it was a good buy for $9.50. 



I also got these pretty necklaces at Charming Charlies. AKA- The LARGEST accessory store EVER!! They were BOGO free. They're not sterling silver and the butterfly has that weird... penny... key... smell. So I'm going to see if I can get a different chain for it. They ended up being $7 all together. 


Last stop was Walgreens!!! Thanks to my friend who gets an employee discount I got these puppies at 15% off the normal price! I had wanted to try the BB cream to see if how good the coverage was, and I watched a review on the Neutrogena Shine Control primer and was in the market for one that controlled shine. I'm in love with these both. The BB cream could have a BIT more coverage. It does remind me of a tinted moisturizer and I'm looking for just a HINT more of coverage. 

The primer is THE BEST EVERRRR!!!! I have had such AWFUL luck with primers. The ol' anti-chafing gel worked--but it clogged my pores and it felt heavy on my face. Mary Kay's face primer didn't help my foundation AT ALL. It just made my face REALLY oily. In fact, Mary Kay's eye primer isn't the greatest either. I crease ALL OVER the place. I love Mary Kay products, but those 2 I just can't stand. I'm looking forward to getting the Neutrogena Shine Control pressed translucent powder for touch ups. 

So that's all for today! Tomorrow I'm going to tell you about my Urban Decay palette I got for $13!!! and some other MISC items I've purchased. 

Till then!

No comments:

Post a Comment