Thursday, June 19, 2014

MAC Moody Blooms Collection ***6/19 update!***

***UPDATE!!!*** NNNNNOOOOOOO!!!! I just saw Temptalia's tweet about Moody Blooms online launch being moved to the 24th! Needless to say, I was a little distraught at this because I've only been watching the website.........since midnight. So I guess my purchases will have to wait...

                                               

_________________________________________________________________________________

As most of you know, Mac is a pretty popular cosmetics company based out of Canada. I guess it's a semi-luxury brand. Definitely not drug store brand---that's for sure.

I. Love. MAC! At first I was hesitant. Eh, what's the big whoop about Mac? Plus not to mention everything is super expensive! Why would I want to get into something like that?

Then I bought a limited edition lip glass in a nude color... Super pigmented for "gloss". It was more like a liquid lipstick. Either way, I fell in love and MAC is now one of my all time favorite cosmetic companies. Especially when it comes to lip products. I also realized that MAC is not really THAT expensive. Pretty much middle of the road. Some cosmetic companies out there charge $50 for a lip-gloss!!!

That shit better have diamonds or gold in it to pay that much.

MAC has "collections" that they release periodically that are theme based. For example, they had a Maleficent collection, or they have seasonal collections that they'll name relatively. These collections are mostly limited edition, but sometimes something in the collection may get added permanently. I don't always buy into the collections because I'm afraid it will be something I absolutely cannot live without and when it's gone---who knows when it will be back!!! I have purchased a few things, however. I picked up a kit from their winter/Christmas collection "Divine Night":



A cute makeup bag, with some mascara, a paint pot (I gave to a friend), a gel liner and a dual sided brush. It was $22... I think. I honestly don't remember because it was so long ago. HAHAHA. Everything else I have is in their permanent collection.

Then I heard about Moody Blooms.

Oh.

My.

Gosh.

I INSTANTLY fell in love with this collection! The colors are so gorgeous and bold without being... NEON.

Here is a little preview:
temptalia.com
Uh. May. ZING!

I'm head over heels for the shadows. Everything else, I'm in serious LIKE with. So I could take it or leave it.

The collections makes it's debut on maccosmetics.com tomorrow!!! TOMORROW! It feels so far away! But I will definately be on EARLY tomorrow morning to make my purchase!

I'll post swatches as soon as I get them. 

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment